Stand tall and proud
Sink your roots deeply into the earth
Reflect the light of your true nature
Think long term
Go out on a limb
Remember your place among all living beings
Embrace with joy the changing seasons
For each yields its own abundance
The energy and birth of spring
The growth and contentment of summer
The wisdom to let go the leaves in the fall
The rest and quiet renewal of winter
Feel the wind and the sun
And delight in their presence
Look up at the moon that shines down upon you
And the mystery of the stars at night
Seek nourishment from the good things in life
Earth, fresh air, light
Be content with your natural beauty
Drink plenty of water
Let your limbs sway and dance in the breezes
Remember your roots
Enjoy the view!
~ Ilan Shamir
Tuesday, January 29, 2013
Aho Mitakuye Oyasin. All my relations. I honor you in this circle of life with me today. I am grateful for this opportunity to acknowledge you in this prayer.
- To the Creator, for the ultimate gift of life, I thank you.
- To the mineral nation that has built and maintained my bones and all foundations of life experience, I thank you.
- To the plant nation that sustains my organs and body and gives me healing herbs for sickness, I thank you.
- To the animal nation that feeds me from your own flesh and offers your loyal companionship in this walk of life, I thank you.
- To the human nation that shares my path as a soul upon the sacred wheel of Earthly life, I thank you.
- To the Spirit nation that guides me invisibly through the ups and downs of life and for carrying the torch of light through the Ages, I thank you.
- To the Four Winds of Change and Growth, I thank you.
You are all my relations, my relatives, without whom I would not live. We are in the circle of life together, co-existing, co-dependent, co-creating our destiny. One, not more important than the other. One nation evolving from the other and yet each dependent upon the one above and the one below. All of us a part of the Great Mystery.
Thank you for this Life.